Break-Bulk Cargo – Load-out/Container Vessels
- Survey cargo prior to loading onto vessel in order to determine the method of lashing ensuring compliance with Annex 13 Regulations.
- Provide terminal with a list of lashing material requirements.
- Prepare a Proposed Lashing Diagram and forward same to terminal / vessel for approval and signature.
- Attend at terminal shortly before loading of break-bulk cargo in order to familiarize the vessel stevedore superintendent and foreman with details of lashing and hoisting cargo.
- Ensure that all the lifting gear is rated to capacity for hoisting the cargo.
- Be present during the loading of cargo from pier to vessel.
- Verify the final securing arrangements and confirm compliance with vessel’s command.
Break-Bulk Loading/Discharge Break-Bulk Vessels
- Survey cargo prior to loading in order to verify condition and note any exceptions.
- Work with Port Captain to ensure proper loading of cargo onto vessel.
- Be present during the loading of cargo onto vessel.
- Ensure cargo secured to vessel’s satisfaction upon completion of loading operations.
Flatrack/OOG Cargo Securing for Export Certification
- Verify final securing of cargoes on flatracks at shipper’s warehouses in order to verify compliance with Annex 13.
- Special attendance can also be made prior to loading of cargo onto flatracks in order to advise securing crew on method of lashing.
- If needed attendance can be made on vessel during time of loading of flatracks.
Container Loading and Securing
- Be present during the loading and securing of high commodity cargoes into containers.
(All types of cargoes including produce)
- Investigate the nature, cause and extent of damage said sustained by cargoes in ocean containers.
- Issue official report covering our findings / opinion.
- Conduct P & I Surveys on marine related accidents and casualties on behalf of vessel owners, charterers, etc.
- Conduct survey on oil spill incidents and monitor clean-up operations.
On/Off Hire Condition and Bunker Surveys
- Conduct vessel On / Off Hire Condition Surveys plus Bunker Surveys.
- Conduct Hold Cleanliness / suitability to load bulk cargoes prior to loading and issue certificate.
- Conduct Immersion / Draft Surveys to determine quantity of cargoes loaded.
- Conduct Immersion / Draft Surveys to determine quantity of cargoes discharged.